2018 Victorian Government Action Plan: A new agenda for disability sport and recreation in Victoria
In the lead up to the 2018 Victorian state election, we worked with our sector colleagues on the Victorian Disability Sport and Recreation Organisations Committee to develop the 2018 Victorian Government Action Plan: A new agenda for disability sport and recreation in Victoria.
This plan articulates the outcomes we would like to see from the incoming Victorian Government to support our overall mission to provide and promote positive health outcomes for people with disability, through participation in sport and recreation.
Active Victoria – A strategic framework for sport and recreation in Victoria 2017-2021
The framework was launched on 20 July, 2017. You can read the full document, including accessible versions, on the Sport and Recreation Victoria website.
Victorian state disability plan 2017-2020
You can read the other submissions received in response to the discussion paper on the state disability plan website.
You can read Absolutely everyone – State disability plan 2017-2020 on the state disability plan website.
A number of accessible formats are available.
Are you aged 13-30 years, identify as having a disability (any type) and interested in exercising?
We’re working with researchers from La Trobe University, Australian Catholic University and Deakin University to find out if a gym-based exercise program called FitSkills helps young people with disability to become active, stay active and be more happy.
What is involved?
- The program will run at eight gyms in Melbourne.
- You will need to do a 12 week gym program with a student mentor at some point during the two year study.
- During the 12 week program, you will exercise twice a week with a mentor for about one hour. The exercises will be designed specifically for you. The days and times of training will be decided with you.
- We will ask you to fill out questionnaires, do a walking test and wear a monitor that measures the amount of activity you do once every three months for two years.
- Some assessments will be done before you do the exercise program and others will be done after you finish the exercise program.
- We will cover the cost of the gym visits.
If you are interested in taking part or you have any questions about this study, you can: