Active Victoria – A strategic framework for sport and recreation in Victoria 2017-2021
The framework was launched on 20 July, 2017. You can read the full document, including accessible versions, on the Sport and Recreation Victoria website.
Victorian state disability plan 2017-2020
You can read the other submissions received in response to the discussion paper on the state disability plan website.
You can read Absolutely everyone – State disability plan 2017-2020 on the state disability plan website.
A number of accessible formats are available.
Are you aged 13-30 years, identify as having a disability (any type) and interested in exercising?
We’re working with researchers from La Trobe University, Australian Catholic University and Deakin University to find out if a gym-based exercise program called FitSkills helps young people with disability to become active, stay active and be more happy.
What is involved?
- The program will run at eight gyms in Melbourne.
- You will need to do a 12 week gym program with a student mentor at some point during the two year study.
- During the 12 week program, you will exercise twice a week with a mentor for about one hour. The exercises will be designed specifically for you. The days and times of training will be decided with you.
- We will ask you to fill out questionnaires, do a walking test and wear a monitor that measures the amount of activity you do once every three months for two years.
- Some assessments will be done before you do the exercise program and others will be done after you finish the exercise program.
- We will cover the cost of the gym visits.
If you are interested in taking part or you have any questions about this study, you can: