Life Member since 2008
Having been awarded the Order of Australia Medal for Service to People with Disabilities and the Australian Football League in 2010, Max has been a dedicated administrator, athlete and agent of change in Australian sport.
Growing up in Tasmania, Max represented the state in Australian Rules and went on to work as the CEO of the Fitzroy Football Club and a respected AFL commentator.
As a highly respected sports administrator, Max was selected as the CEO of Wheelchair Sports Victoria (now Disability Sport & Recreation) and held the position for 19 years.
During his time, the organisation grew professionally and offered a suite of services to wheelchair athletes across the state. His expertise saw him appointed to the Disability Advisory Committee to the Minister for the 2006 Commonwealth Games.
Having worked tirelessly in the sector, Max has been nominated for a number of state and national executive roles including:
- Trustee, Wheelchair Sports Australia Futures Fund
- Trustee, Paraquad/Wheelchair Sports Tasmania Futures Fund
- Grievance Officer, Wheelchair Sports Australia
- Member, Victorian Paralympic Committee, 1992 – 2001
- Delegate, International Stoke Mandeville Wheelchair Sports Federation (2000 Paralympic Games).
He was appointed to the Disability Advisory Committee to the Minister for the 2006 Commonwealth Games.