The Disability Online Active provides short workouts you can do at home while introducing you to new sports. The series is a great way to practice, learn or stay active. Always have a bottle of water and a towel with you each time you do a workout.
A note about health and safety
- We recommend consulting with your General Practitioner (GP) before participating in any new physical activity.
- Remember to keep the space in which you participate clear from obstacles
- Choose a quiet, flat space to do your session
- This session is a guide only, if at any time you feel unwell or unsure about and activity please take a break from the session
Our Disability Sport Series has been developed with the support of VicHealth
Become a member of Disability Sport and Recreation and join thousands of other Victorians with disability, their families, friends and support workers in an organisation that helps get people moving. Click here to join now.
In this session, Table Tennis Australia join us to take you through a low-impact technique session used in table tennis and demonstrated by former Australian Paralympian table tennis player, Trevor Hirth.
Equipment you will need: Table tennis bat Table tennis ball (ping pong ball), or Kitchen spatula and a balloon
In this session, Hockey Victoria join us to take you through a some low-impact activities related to hockey that you can do at home.
Equipment you will need: hockey stick, tennis ball, laundry basket, jar lids for floor markers, or a large umbrella, tennis ball, laundry basket, jar lids for floor markers
In this session, Special Olympics Australia join us to take you through a short low-impact fitness session used in many sports.
In this session, Gymnastics Victoria join us to take you through some low-impact activities related to gymnastics.
Equipment you will need: a dining room chair
In this session, Tenpin Bowling Australia join us to take you through a low-impact session to help you improve your tenpin bowling skills at home. You can find more about BowlAbilities at www.bowlabilities.com.au
- Equipment you will need: Tennis ball, canned fruit or vegetables (1 400g tin), a chair, water bottle.
For more information about each sport, please visit: