Become a member and join our movement
Every new member who joins as a member of Disability Sport & Recreation adds support to our vision of a Victoria where people with disability can choose and access any sport or recreation they want to engage with.
Much like other movements around social issues, we want to create a ‘movement’ that encourages societal change.
We welcome everyone to join thousands of other Victorians with disability, their families, friends, support workers and organisation to join this movement.
Best of all, membership is free!
If you need help filling out the membership form, or need it in a different format, please contact us.
Your rights and responsibilities as a member of Disability Sport & Recreation
We aim to provide the best possible service to our members and the community. We can work together when we recognise each other’s unique experience, listen to each other and respect each other’s views.
Individual and associate member benefits
- Subscription to our monthly e-newsletter, Vortex which provides updates on what is happening in the disability sport and recreation sector
- Unique opportunities for members to provide input into DSR’s work
- Input into Disability Sport & Recreation’s advocacy work to represent the sector on issues affecting people with a disabilities ability to participate in active sport and recreation
- Opportunity to nominate for the Victorian Disability Sport and Recreation Awards
- Volunteer opportunities with our major events
- Voting rights on constitutional matters of Disability Sport & Recreation (individual members only)
- Early bird notice to join our summer and winter kids camps, through our DSR Kids program
- Access to resources, including our NDIS Sports Guide.
How can we work with your organisation?
When you become an organisation member of Disability Sport & Recreation, we can help you reach thousands of Victorians with disability, their families, friends and support workers as we connect people to sport and recreation opportunities.
Organisation member benefits include:
Priority involvement at the Victorian Disability Sport and Recreation Festival
- Access to networking opportunities within the disability sport and active recreation sector.
Promotion of your sport or activity in our monthly e-newsletter, Vortex and on social media
- Access to resources, including our NDIS Sports Guide
- Networking opportunities within the disability sport and active recreation sector.